15 Dec 2023, Friday

 15 Dec 2023, Friday

Prioritized Daily Task 

9:45 a.m. James Macdonald Revere Health Dermatology at Revere Health Dermatology. 

I was up early, had prayer, showered, and shaved.  Debbie got up and worked on our quotes and thoughts from my 2023 notes in my journal.  We had prayer together before I drove to Provo to see Dr. Macdonald, Dermatologist.  His office in Provo is very modern and nice in the medical center near the hospital.  He froze and scraped places on my face.  He also gave me a prescription for a new and maybe more effective skin pre-cancer places.  I drove to Costco and filled the Outback with gas.  i went over the the Legacy Center for an hour.  I used the weights for about 20 minutes, the stair stepper for about 20 minutes, and then walked and jogged for about another 20 minutes before coming home.  Debbie is working on Christmas and birthdays.  She went over to Laura's and I worked on Apple charges each month for $10.71 for iTunes.  I don't think Debbie and I don't use the iTunes.  I canceled my Great Courses subscription for $8 a month.  I signed in to the account online and learned that in addition to the subscription fee, there is a charge for each course, from below $100 to over $400 I was able to see.  I cooked dinner while Debbie wrapped Christmas presents for some of the grandchildren.  We watched some movies on TV.  I learned that in the wild, white tigers are very rare, occurring only once in every 10,000 births.  Debbie and I had prayer before going to bed.  

Personal Note:  This note I did not include in my printed book of quotes and thoughts from my 2023 notes.  "There have been individuals  throughout history who wanted to be a god, Egypt's pharaohs, Kings of Babylon, and many others, but they did not meet the qualifications for the job of being a God. "...... he that is greatest among you shall be your servant." Matthew 23:11 .........none is acceptable........ save the meek and lowly in heart; and if a man be meek and lowly in heart and confesses by the power of the Holy Ghost that Jesus is the Christ, he must needs have charity; for if he have not charity he is nothing; wherefore he must needs have charity.  45 And charity (Jesus Christ) suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not his own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.  Moroni 7: 44-45.  Many were ordained and chosen before we came to this earth.  The Lord told Jeremiah, "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."       Jeremiah 1:5  -  22 "Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; and among all these, there were many of the noble and great ones;   23 And God saw these souls that they were good, and he stood in the midst of them, and he said: These I will make my rulers; for he stood among those that were spirits, and he saw that they were good; and he said unto me: Abraham, thou art one of them; thou wast chosen before thou wast born." Chapter 1.  

  Doctrine and Covenants 95:5 But behold, verily I say unto you, that there are many who have been ordained among you, whom I have called but few of them are chosen.  6 They who are not chosen have sinned a very grievous sin, in that they are walking in darkness at noon-day.                                                                                                                                      D&C 121:32 According to that which was ordained in the midst of the council of the Eternal God of all other gods before this world was, that should be reserved unto the finishing and the end thereof, when every man shall enter into his eternal presence and into his immortal rest.   34 Behold, there are many called, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen? 35 Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world, and aspire to the honors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson—  36 That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness.  37 That they may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to cover our sins, or to gratify our pride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.

38 Behold, ere he is aware, he is left unto himself, to kick against the pricks, to persecute the saints, and to fight against God.

39 We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion.

40 Hence many are called, but few are chosen.

41 No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;

42 By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile


                         

 Grayson (born 3 Nov 2023) as baby Jesus in live nativity in Twin Falls Idaho (his grandfather Tony Traveller is the bishop) 

          Kenna, Cooper, and Grayson as Mary, Joesph, and baby Jesus





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Aug 2023, Sunday

1 Dec 2023, Friday

27 Aug 2023, Sunday