9 Apr 2023, Sunday

 9 Apr 2023, Sunday

Prioritized Daily Task

12 Noon - Easter Sacrament at Lehi 7th Ward

5:30 PM - Easter dinner at George and Laura's

I was up early, had my personal prayer, and at 5:38 AM I texted Michael.  I asked him what time he expected to be here.  He replied at 6:20 AM.  Debbie had left the lights on the outside on when she went to bed last night.  I read scriptures and read some in my journal.  I got a text from Michale at 6:20 AM.  I went outside at 6:24 AM.  The Land Rover was at the edge of the drive with the keys inside.  I called Michael and he was on his way to the airport.  He got a ride with Uber.  He said he did not want to bother me by havingd me take him to the airport.  He wished me a happy Easter.  I went back to bed; Debbie was still in bed.  Later when we got up, we had prayer together, showered, and got ready for church at 12 Noon.  I called and wished Beth a happy Easter.  I also called Matthew and wished everyone there, Melodie, Rae Lynn, and the children happy Easter.  I got a text message from Lon and Pat Nield.  We called them; they are trying to set up meetings for Bojana when she comes here in August.  We got a nice Easter text from Ora and Dan as well as Bojana in Servia from her and her parents.  We attended a nice Easter Sacrament meeting with the primary children singing and later the Carter family singing.  The Bishop was the concluding speaker.  There was no Sunday School, Priesthood, or Relief Society meeting today.  We came home and Debbie prepared lunch while she was cooking our dinner meal with some of the children and grandchildren at George and Laua's.  We took chairs and a table over and helped set up.  We came back and picked up the food Debbie had cooked, layered jello salad, deviled eggs, etc. she had made.  All of Debbie's children and grandchildren were there except for Jamie and her daughter Tylee and Jody and her family.  The Master's golf tournament, in Augusta, GA, was on the big screen  TV and Jon Rahm (age 28) from Barrika, Biscay, Spain, put his last hole and won the 2023 Masters tournament.  I think everyone brought food, Goeorge made Pavlova, for their family's dessert.  Laura taught an Easter lesson using red wood eggs and Debbie told the story about the red Easter eggs in Serbia and the Balkans and how they relate to the Savior and his resurrection from the dead.  The children hunted plastic Easter eggs.  Debbie had prize eggs with money inside of them.  Later Debbie held a family meeting with the children and as many of the grandchildren who wanted to come about what they wanted to do regarding the land Jalna Searle, their grandmother, and great-grandmother, had given to Reed, Debbie, and Karlene, her children.  We packed the car afterward and came home.  Debbie and I unpacked and put things up.  We had prayer, read scriptures, and got to bed at about 10:30 PM.  Susan, my niece sent me a picture of her with her mom, Ora, and dad, Dan Truitt. 

                                                  Ora, Susan (my niece) , and Dan Truitt

 George Gourley's Pavlova dessert is a particularly dreamy dessert, which was named in honor of the  Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova, is that the meringue base can be made in advance. Then to serve it, drizzle the strawberries with a little balsamic vinegar and vanilla (a combination that brings out the fullest essential flavor of the fruit), whip some cream and arrange it all on a plate.

*Note:  GETHSEMANE
In golden youth, when seems the earth,
A Summer land for singing mirth,
When souls are glad, and hearts are light,
And not a shadow lurks in sight.
We do not know it, but there lays
Somewhere, veiled under evening skies,
A garden all must sometimes see,
    Gethsemane, Gethsemane,
    Somewhere his own Gethsemane.

With joyous steps we go our ways,
Love lends a halo to our days,
Light sorrows sail like clouds afar,
We laugh and say how strong we are.
We hurry on, and, hurrying, go
Close to the borderland of woe
That waits for you and waits for me;
    Gethsemane, Gethsemane,
    Forever waits Gethsemane.

Down shadowy lanes, across strange streams,
Bridged over by our broken dreams,
Behind the misty caps of years,
Close to the great salt fount of tears
The garden lies ; strive as you may,

You cannot miss it on your way.
    All paths that have been, or shall be
    Pass somewhere through Gethsemane.

All those who journey soon or late,
Must pass within the garden's gate ;
Must kneel alone in darkness there,
And battle with some fierce despair.
God pity those who cannot say :
“Not mine, but thine;” who only pray,
“Let this cup pass;” and cannot see
The purpose in Gethsemane.
    Gethsemane, Gethsemane,
    God help us through Gethsemane.

                        —Ella Wheeler Wilcox.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

31 Aug 2023, Thursday

15 Dec 2023, Friday

29 Dec 2023, Friday