11 Jul 2023, Tuesday

 11 Jul 2023, Tuesday

Prioritized Daily Task

8:00 AM - Debbie's appointment for an electrocardiogram, ECG,  evaluates the pumping ability of the heart

9:00 AM - Help Ethan get his driving license in Heber's DMV

Ethan Hobbs 16th Birthday

2:00 PM - Pick up Land Rover for Alignment Guys in American Fork

I had one of the worst nights of sleep in many years.  I woke at about 7:00 AM, showered, shaved, had prayer, and texted Debbie to see if she was up.  The children are all sleeping.  Rae Lynn decorated the kitchen here at the cabin for Ethan's 16th birthday today.  She went for a run before she takes Ethan down to the Department of Motor Vehicles, DMV, in Heber to get his driver's license.  Debbie was up early and Jared, her son, took her to get the electrocardiogram done and bring her home before he went to work.  Ethan helped me load all the trash that has been put in the garage since the children and grandchildren have been staying here.  Rae Lynn got home and took Ethan to the Utah DMV.  I dropped the garbage off putting it in the dumpsters in Timber Lakes.  Ethan got his license; his mother took pictures.  I drove back home and Rae Lynn is taking all the children to Splash Summit Water Park in Provo.

 Some NOTES about the cabin.  The outside, the wood banisters, and railings are in bad shape and need replacing.  The sidings on the sides of the cabin need caulking and staining, and the roof is going to need painting and screws checked and some replaced.  I set in on a conservation between Michael and Matthew about extending the patio and maybe adding a hot tub.  The dryer exhaust needs some work so it is more functional.  Any home lived in is going to have wear and tear, especially with children.  The toys, shuffle-board, etc. are showing signs of use and age; the bed linen has been replaced.  The pillow slip and pillow on the bed I slept on last night I moved because it had blood on it.  The blood was not wet or completely dried.  I washed the pillow slip and got the blood out.  I took the Eddie Bauer pillow with the blood on it to the trash.

Terry McEwen, Autumn's dad, called and is coming over to pickup up his computer charger, etc. he left at the cabin he rented after his family reunion.  Beth drove up from our cabin to the large cabin with an indoor pool where the MeEwen reunion was held and picked up Terry's chargers, etc.  She was leaving and did not want to take it to CA, so she gave it to me to keep for him.  When he arrived we introduced him to Mirko and Ljubica.  Laura at the Alignment Guys in American Fork called and said the front brakes and calipers need to be replaced, there is metal on metal. I called Michael and he said to have the front brakes, calipers, and sensors replaced.  He wanted me to ask them about repairing the air conditioner. Laura said they do not work on air conditioners.   After dinner Mirko, Ljubica, Debbie and I studied Acts chapters 6-8 in Come Follow Me lesson Acts 6-9.  We will study Acts chapter 9 another day.  We had prayer together in the family room upstairs and later Debbie and I had prayer in our bedroom before going to bed.


                                                          Ethan Hobbs on his 16th Birthday
                                     Rae Lynn, Ethan, and Me (Grandpa) - Ethan getting driver's licenses
                                                              Ethan with his driver's license

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Dec 2023, Friday

29 Dec 2023, Friday

20 Aug 2023, Sunday