6 Sep 2023, Wednesday
6 Sep 2023, Wednesday
Prioritized Daily Task
Autumn McAlpiin's 45th Birthday (born 1978)
Trolly Square, University UT Medical and Primary. Children Hospital
Conference Center (Sister from San Paulo, Brazil and Sister Yandow from GA) and Temple Square (Sister Missionaries Adams and Simmons from Arizona)
Tylee's power-puff football game - Debbie and Libby
Debbie was up early; I got a good night's sleep for the first time since I have been taking medicine for my chest coughing. Debbie and I had prayer together. I sent Autumn a happy birthday text; I called Jane Haws to check with her before bringing an invitation to the ward's activity on Saturday 16th Sep. She said they could not attend. I called the Meonakos at told them the Jelicics will not be here next Tuesday to attend the temple with us. I learned more about the cabin and area in WY that the Nield family owns. There is a secluded area with a pavilion where state senators and former V.P. of the United States, Dick Cheney, went and held meeting as a getaway retreat. Dick Cheney was VP to President George Bush. One of the former state senators, Lon's first cousin he bought the land from was going to be there this week to meet Mirko and his family. I spoke with Anna at Thrive Nursery, (801) 225-5011, Anna answered instead of Kristina. She told me probably the reason the 6 in 1 Apple Espaliered tree did not bear any fruit is because this is its first year and needs more time to get established. I called, (770) 312-1310, Jodee Pike, who married Jennifer, Nora Husley's granddaughter about cleaning off the William Alexander and Mannah McAlpin graveyard. He said he was waiting for me to give him to go-ahead. I told him not to wait on me next time to clean in now and then next year cut the grass, weeds, bushes, etc. about May and then again when frost or winter starts and to send me a picture before and after. He said he would. We planned to first visit Ivan Radman's grave at the Holiday Cemetery because we had not heard back from Jordan Radman. I drove and Debbie used the GPS on her phone to direct me to the cemetery. The GPS took us off the main route; we turned back and the GPS delayed sending me east so I was directed to go west. We pulled off I-215 and I used my GPS but put in SLC Cemetery and before we arrived we knew something was not right. Before we got home today, Jordan sent Mirko a Text on my cell phone asking if we could come by his home Friday at 6:30 PM when he gets home from work. Then go over to the Holiday Cemetery and visit his dad's grave? (Everyone saw and commented on how the Lord had directed us this morning and rerouted us from our plans to visit Ivan Radman's grave.) On the way to visit where Ljubcia worker when they lived in SLC we stopped at Trolly Square, the girls shopped, and we all visited the Trolly Square Museum. We were so close to the University Medical Center, the place where Ljubica worked when they lived here, we went there first and had lunch at the Primary Children's Hospital. It was the entrance to where Ljubica worked and had lunch there. Ljubica ate at the old cafeteria when she worked at the Univ. Medical Center. From there we drove down to SLC and toured the visitor's center of the Church which is temporarily opened in the Conference Center. The two sister missionaries assigned to give us a tour were a young sister from San Paulo, Brazil and Sister Yandow, from Georgia. I knew her Grandfather, David Yandow Sr., and her father, David Yandow, Jr. who was the branch president in the Cedartown Branch. Afterwards we went across the street to Temple Square where the SL Temple is being renovated. We visited the Assembly Hall and the Tabernacle where Mirko and Ljubica were baptized in 1991. When we got home Mirko and I filled the Subaru with gas, picked up Debbie's change purse she left at the Diamon Nail Salon today, and bought some groceries at Costco and Walmart. Libby, granddaughter, picket Debbie up and they went to see Tylee, another granddaughter, play in a power-puff football game where the senior girls played the girls that were juniors and maybe some sophomores. Debbie had started cooking dinner before we left today and Ljubica and Bojana finished up so when everyone got home we ate, visited, and had prayer together. Later I took some medicine for my cough and had prayer with Debbie before going to bed a little before 12 midnight.
L-R Sister Missionary from San Paulo, Brazil, Sister Yandow (David's daughter) from GA and me





Comments
Post a Comment