14 Nov 2023, Tuesday

 14 Nov 2023, Tuesday

Prioritized Daily Task

Susan Robinson's 54th Birthday

12:30 p.m. lunch with Michael and Matthew - go home with Michael

Note: Malachi 4:6, with me, the hearts of the fathers are turned to their children (and have been since they were born), and the hearts of the children to their parents,  I relate to Joseph Smith when he reminisced about scenes of his childhood and thought about his parents who were dead.  He was building a tomb for his family.  He spoke of his father in the giac language akin to needlework depictions of scenes that warm the heart.  Sacred to me is their dust, and the place where they are buried.  He and I want to bring all our family together.  This month when I was reading Joseph Smith's biography I thought about William Alexander McAlpin, my great-great grandfather, and the family graveyard that had been lost for years.  How my neighbor, George Hagood, gave me an original handwritten deed for 1/2  acre, signed by William Alexander McAlpin, with his "X".  Then how Matthew's eagle project was clearing off the graveyard and putting a monument and bronze marker at the site.  A few years later I put a chain link fence and gate around the part of the graveyard where ground penetrating radar located some of the graves.  I purchased stone markers for the graves and also a marker for Debbie and me.  There is another stone marker I bought and put beside James Olin McAlpin and Inez Thrash McAlpin, my father, and mother, that is located in the Pleasant Hill Church cemetery for Patricia and me when Patricia and I were still married.  

I was up early, had prayer with Debbie, showered, and shaved.  I went to Home Depot for Matt to get some plumbing supplies.  He and Melodie took the girls to school and they met with Ava's teachers to review her upcoming programs.  The two Hispitac guys are doing a great job landscaping the backyard here that Matthew and Melodie have laid out.  Matt and I met Michael in Oceanside for lunch.  We had a good visit and I rode back to San Clemente with Michael.  Autumn is hosting a social, "An Evening With Jean MacKay".  She is not home but Gracie is here resting before her basketball game later this afternoon.  Michael and I vacuumed and set up the house of about 30 people Autumn expects to come.  I rode with Gracie to her basketball game.  Michael came after he picked up the programs for tonight at the printers.  Gracie's team won.  She rode back home with Michael after the game.  I drove her car home and got to meet Jean and many of the group that came in support for Jean.  Beth was here and I got to see and visit with her some.  A lot of the younger people were friends of Blake and Gracie.  After the program, I helped clean up.  A lot of the people brought food and Autumn and Michale bought food.  I called and talked to Debbie and had prayer with her before going to bed.

                                         Gracie at basketball game, San Clemente vs. Shadow Hills
                                                           Jean Mackay's coming out party

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Dec 2023, Friday

29 Dec 2023, Friday

20 Aug 2023, Sunday