25 Nov 2023, Saturday

 25 Nov 2023, Saturday

Prioritized Daily Task

Breakfast at the hotel in Lima, transfer to the airport for a flight to Cuzco. Arrive in

Cuzco, the former Inca capital, and transfer to the Sacred Valley, on the way stop at Museo

Sulca (no guide, only driver) and savor the opportunity to explore this living museum, where ancient customs and traditions have been preserved across the centuries. Watch local communities creating beautiful handmade textiles and soak up the beautiful views, unchanged by time. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, exploring the lively immaculate scenery of this iconic region.  I took pictures that I am including in today journal entry.

Overnight stay in Sacred Valley at Hotel Agusto's owned by Flora de Mariar; she stayed up and waited for us to arrive; she took our luggage to our room 107, Calle Pacaycalle s/n, Urubamba 08660 - Phone: 984 112 392Visit to the Sulca Museum. She told me she was the owner of this Agusto's Hotel in Urubamba.  Later on Nov. 28th, when I talked to the manager of the Agusto's Hotel in Cuzco I got another story of who the owner for both hotels is, Betty Maicela Vgarte cle Drce.  She is retired and travels.  She is not seen very often, but her daughter, Wendy Arce Vgorte, handles the operations and sometimes goes to the Agusto's Hotel in Urubamba.

Debbie and I had prayer together before going to bed.


                 The museum provides jobs for Inca women who are in need.  This lady is preparing and putting 
Alpaca wool on a spool that will dyed and made into cloth.  She is also cooking Lama and guinea pig for her and the other women working at the museum.  The dog is hoping they will feed him.

                                                                         llemas
                                                                    guinea pigs      

                 natural dyes used for alpaca wool

                                                                          








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Dec 2023, Friday

26 Oct 2023, Thursday

29 Dec 2023, Friday