7 Nov 2023, Tuesday
7 Nov 2023, Tuesday
Prioritized Daily Task
1:30 p.m. - Lunch with Michael and Matthew
Jared Hobbs' 43rd Birthday James Leonard, your booking K68DV6J: the time of your easyJet flight EZY8684 has changed
I slept well last night. I called and talked to Debbie; we had prayer before I went with Matthew to take Madeline, Bella, and Ava to Double Peek Elementary School. The girls reminded me of Beth and Rae Lynn when they were little; "you touched me, stop it, don't touch me; you looked at me, I don't want you looking at me". When we got home, I ate some breakfast before Melodie went to the school to help Bella's teacher. Matthew worked and I read. We received an email from Eric. He had not made any corrections or done anything with the email I sent. On November 7th he put it on his letterhead. I sent him a correction to one part sentence that was not complete. I sent Jared a happy birthday text. Matthew and I met Michael at Swami's Cafe in Oceanside at 1:45 p.m. for lunch. Michael decided not to see if he could get the generator working on the motor home when he learned Matt had taken it to the dealer and they could not find the problem. Matthew has an appointment to bring in on Nov. 19th. Matthew said he may come back to Utah with me. He wants to find some office space and hire a couple of people. I went with Matthew to rent a tailor at Home Depot to haul some plants and trees tomorrow for landscaping around the pool and backyard. We came home and told Madeline, Bella, and Ava goodnight. I texted Debbie at about 9:30 p.m. standard time and we had prayer together before going to bed.
Note: Although the Church was very small in 1834, Joseph Smith had a prophetic sense of its grand destiny. The Prophet tried to awaken the brethren to a realization of the future state of God’s kingdom on earth:
“The Prophet called on all who held the Priesthood to gather into the little log school house. It was a small house, perhaps 14 feet square. But it held the whole of the Priesthood of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who were then in the town of Kirtland. … When we got together the Prophet called upon the Elders of Israel with him to bear testimony of this work. … When they got through the Prophet said, ‘Brethren, I have been very much edified and instructed in your testimonies here tonight, but I want to say to you before the Lord, that you know no more concerning the destinies of this Church and kingdom than a babe upon its mother’s lap. You don’t comprehend it.’ I was rather surprised. He said, ‘It is only a little handful of Priesthood you see here tonight, but this Church will fill North and South America—it will fill the world."
|
Comments
Post a Comment